Sometime the travelers may find themselves in those locations which might not be familier to them and the help of GPS unit might not be valuable becuase of its outdated software and maps. Reliablity of the GPS units is dependent on the data stored within. Therefore it becomes very important to update the GPS Maps and software time to time.
Magellan GPS devices can be updated from Official Magellan website using the Smart GPS Eco website or downloading the latest PC Tools. Magellan Content Manager is no longer supported now a days. Magellan softwares can be updated for free whereas Maps updates are available both for free (under Lifetime free Maps) and paid (Phantom Premium Maps updates)
Procedure for Software and Map Updates
- Charge the GPS Unit for 4-8 hours until the Battery is Full
- Go to the SmartGPSEco website and Login with e-mail and password
- If you don’t have the Magellan account, create an account by clicking on Signup button.
- Connect the GPS unit with PC or MAC and click on Download button for both software and Free Map Updates
- Premium Updates can be purchased by clicking on Phantom Updates
- Disconnect the device after the updates are successfully installed
Still having trouble downloading the software and maps updates, click on the link below to get the help instantly