Sometimes the Magellan GPS users may face difficulty installing the plugins on Smart GPS Eco website. These are the following steps one can follow to resolve the issue
First of all, uninstall the plugin from the Windows OS system if it is already installed. You can uninstall it from Control Panel->Program, click Uninstall a program, select Magellan SmartGPSEco to uninstall it.
- Download mgnContentManager.msi from the SmartGPSEco website and save it to your local drive.
- All the browsers i.e Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera etc should be closed before installing the plugin.
- Run mgnContentManager.msi to install.
- Check the Task Manager to see that mgnContentManager is running. (Under Processes shows up as SmartGPS Eco (32 bit).
- Plug in the GPS device via USB port to your computer
- Open Google Chrome and it should recognize the GPS device and show the available software and map updates
Still having trouble, contact our resolution expert on 805-365-0752